> If holding people accountable for their deeds and behavior gives me the
> consciousness of an amoeba, I willingly accept the label.
>
> It is preferable to saying "Oh, that one didn't work out either, must be
> somethin' subtle." or "Oh they aren't going to go any further with that
> project that Marshy said was sooooo muy importante, well he's so enlightened
> he must see things we don't and knows in his enlightened consciousness that
> the project is unnecessary now."
>
> In such situations one of course does not ask for refunds for monies given
> for the now defunct project.
>
> But I am rambling as amoebas are often prone to do.

Amoebas are biologically immortal except for accidents, so you are one up on
the TMO for that. Gurus can be under a lot of strange influences, as adoration
can isolate them in a way that does not allow ordinary human interaction. If
they are not rock solid enlightened and have decent ethical values, this can
cause them to fall short of proclaimed and expected ideals.

In the early days MMY did not seem like a betrayer of the faith people put on
him. Plus a guru who surrounds themselves with an organisation is looking for
trouble because of the non uniform quality of disciples and the inevitable
number of administrators who believe rather than live the results of a
teaching. As soon as a teacher is surrounded by an inner circle of disciples, a
movement is doomed to corruption, unknowingly the teacher loses control as
middlemen proliferate, and when the teacher goes, management remains, and
everybody hates management except managers.

A lot of this falls on the stupidity of the disciples. It is almost as if there
is a law of nature that says once a teacher gets x number of disciples, and a
movement forms, that is the beginning of the end of whatever purity of teaching
can be had. Perhaps a teaching has a critical mass of students above which it
will mutate into something less than desirable. It will become a problem to all
solutions instead of a solution to all problems.