--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, khazana108 <no_reply@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@> wrote:
<snip>
> > Robin offered a friendly invitation to prove he is a normal
> > human being.
>
> To whom?

To anyone who is interested, obviously.

> Obviously I am not in question. I am living in a different
> continent and have only marginal interest in all of this.
> I base my judgments on what I read here, based and backed
> up by my experience of a lifetime of meeting all kinds of
> people, crazy and sane.

Non sequitur. The issue is, why are you carping at Robin
because he invited people to come meet him? That makes no
sense whatsoever.

> > Why are you are choosing to see this as a challenge?
>
> What's the point in trying to 'prove' anything at all,
> especially to people who were harmed once? Don't you see
> where they may perceive the danger? The very harm was in
> those 'confrontations'. So, Raunchy, be realistic, how
> would those people feel, who were once manipulated, when
> they where asked to meet the man who obviously manipulated
> them, because he needed to tell them something 'very
> important', and that would be that he has changed?

This is insane. Nobody *has* to come meet him. It was an
*offer*, an invitation, not a demand.

> Why can't he just say 'Mea Culpa, mea maxima culpa'?

HE'S DONE THAT ALREADY MANY, MANY, MANY TIMES.

> > Can you imagine what it must feel like be in a position
> > where you need to prove you are good and decent person,
> > now changed from 25 years ago?
>
> That's my point: where's the need to prove it? That's so
> absurd. And then Raunchy, anyone, anywhere, will not just
> be a trustful to believe someone has changed just on the
> hearsay of it. So what? Why the NEED to convince? That in
> itself makes him suspicious.

This person is mentally ill. That is not a normal way of
looking at this.

> > What else would you have him do?
>
> Nothing. Just let people have their opinions.

He's doing that. He's also offering to let them see what
he's like now, if they're interested.

> > Where's the compassion you spoke of? Diagnosing Robin
> > with BPD is a heaping pile of inappropriateness on your
> > part, IMO.
> >
> I didn't even mention Robin when posting the link. You are
> interpreting a little too much into this.

Everybody here knows why you posted it, khazana. You didn't
have to mention Robin for that to be obvious. Your dishonesty
is not helping you.