On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 4:58 PM, Bhairitu <noozg...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> **
>

> On 12/18/2012 03:41 PM, Ravi Chivukula wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 3:19 PM, Bhairitu <noozg...@sbcglobal.net>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Friends who are visiting worked at Microsoft and found their biggest
> >> problem programmers were the ones with...... computer science degrees.
> >> They tended to create grandiose solutions for stuff that didn't need
> >> it. Probably the same at Yahoo.
> >>
> > Stop it Uncle Barry - I may be grandiose in my personal life but I always
> > strive to make sure my code is compact and efficient. Though I don't have
> > to program much as a database administrator I have done lot of coding in
> > Perl and Shell.
> >

> Ravi, you seem to be suffering Barry-Barry. I'm Barry2 or Bhairitu
> because my other handle on alt.meditation.transcendental was Barry and
> Wright's was Uncle Tantra. Blame Willy who couldn't keep his Barrys
> straight. So I created Bhairitu as homonym for Barry2. So "Uncle
> Barry" is your invention.
>
> And do you have a computer science degree? I'm not saying that ALL
> comscis are terrible programmers but in some situations it can be
> someone with the degree who is messing up more than one without it.
>
> Computer programming is more an art than a science. It is creative.
> Like music you have to have a talent for it.

No confusion Barryji - I was addressing you as Uncle Barry - the other
Barry, Mr. Wright is Barry baby or King Baby for me. You are totally right
- I enjoy my work, my programming  - lot of people complain about work
stress and that's always been an alien beast to me. Anyway yeah I'm a
Computer Science graduate and you are right - it is an art and you need to
have talent for it and being a graduate is not related to my style of work.
I just felt like adding in my two cents and I did.