--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Buck" <dhamiltony2k5@...> wrote:

> Authfriend and Rick Archer are right here about Hagelin.  Hagelin is in it
> for the long haul and a tantamount leader of meditators everywhere.  He is
> larger than life and among us.  He is extremely sharp witted, funny, he
> listens, is methodical, and does not suffer fools.  He has been incredibly
> productive in re-mapping the teaching movement strategically from even before
> Maharishi died.  You guys who are not here do not see him but he walks among
> us and is our wise and careful leader in this.  He is not in a position to
> rule by decree as there is a junta to bring along including Bevan and some
> other Rajas of varying merit.  Hagelin is a leader in a way Bevan will
> probably never be of the larger meditating movement because Bevan carries the
> weight of so much bad in his wake.  It is just the way it is and Bevan has
> earned his own merit in this.  Hagelin is interesting because he has emerged
> with his reputation in tact.  Part figurehead but in action it is Hagelin
> more than anyone else who has resuscitated and kept the old TM teaching
> movement in tact and put it on the move again.  He demonstrates a kind of
> endurance that he also demands of his people with him.  Here at home or on
> the trail he is present, visible to us, and tireless.  This is the guy who is
> in fact rallying things, skillfully directing battle, and looked to.  This is
> not Bevan hold up in some mansion.  Hagelin is a guy who commands respect by
> not demanding it.  And look at the people around him likewise.  He grants a
> same direct access from all grades and makes his decisions.  Tireless yet by
> his willing sharing the general lot of his people Hagelin engenders
> admiration as well as loyalty.  He obviously enjoys being alongside in the
> old meditating community with good barbs and dialect.  However in the work of
> the movement he certainly imposes authority as if the Unified Field itself
> had descended to earth in the form of this common meditator and physicist.
> I swear my allegiance,
> -Buck in the Dome

I have been enjoying your reports Buck. John's speaking style I have always
found lackluster, kind of sing-song. He is a really bright guy. I am not so
familiar with what he does with the Fairfield community now. I did know him a
little bit, long ago, and remember mostly the fiery Margaret fuming over him
while he mostly ignored her as he typed away on a computer.

I think some acting lessons might help his speaking image.