--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <no_reply@...> wrote:

> [...]
> down a lot of their rough spots.  Humility can come in an instant, so who
> knows what they've evolved into by now.  The acid test is what they do with
> their money and how they treat their minions.
>
> And those who are rich and fight to remain decent human beings are as if
> funneled into their personalities by dint of the movement's impoverished
> masses who relentlessly beg from the rich for loans, gifts, and investment in
> gonzo business deals.  And the movement is knocking on their door for more
> cash EVERY. DAY.  Shit, even I get asked for donations by the TMO at least
> ten times a year.  Simply trying to avoid all that rush for their gold turns
> the rich into fear-everyone types, and it shows when you try to approach the
> rich with anything but "hey, try the bean casserole."  They smell your
> beggary from 100 feet away.  So, on that level, I pity them, because they are
> always hiding out from the masses, and having to have only people like them
> to hob nob with.  Vicious cycle that.
>
> Now-a-days, mostly I see TM as a scam.  The technique probably can be used to
> good effect, but what that is and how it compares to other techniques is just
> not clear.  I'm all for anything that lessens physiological excitation, but I
> could rattle of a hundred ways to obtain that.
>
> I like the idea of the Holy Tradition, but where was it ever  honored?
> Maharishi FORBID any translation of Guru Dev's words, right?  Ask L.B.,
> right?  The movement has never NEVER NEVER wanted us to have intellectual
> clarity -- tried to keep us all as blind true believers and avoid any
> discussion of the fine points or the truths about the mantras, Guru Dev's
> money/death, and on and on -- we all know the ways the movement didn't
> respect us or grant us any right to know about most of the movement's
> machinations.
>
> Here's one symbolic moment for me:  on teacher training, Maharishi had a
> meeting that was sort of "thrown together quickly in a very small venue" and
> it turned out that people could sit right next to Maharishi, maybe only a 100
> people in the room.  This rich guy planks his ass down right next to
> Maharishi, and picks up Maharishi's hand and holds it! -- instead of
> listening he interrupted Maharishi several times to add his opinion to the
> words of Maharishi.
>
> Maharishi didn't even twitch, and none of his body guards did either -- they
> knew the master was working the guy up to get a big gift to the movement, ya
> see?  Up until the time, the only person I knew who'd ever touched Maharishi
> was Tat Walla Baba.
>
> If I had planked my ass down before that rich guy, I would have been sent
> home FOR FUCKING EVER for not knowing my place.
>
> And, yes, after that instance, I gave two more decades to the movement --
> which means I was not only an asshole, but a mindful toady asshole.
>
> And that's the cause of all this bitterness you see in my writings -- I did

I guess there is lots of psycho talk about how in some amazing way we are 100%
responsible for all of our own decisions in life. Karma blah blah.  That might
help addicts move on, but in reality is just a convenient slogan to excuse the
perps, imo.   But hey Edg, you were and are a good hearted guy who tried his
darndest to look the other way when you saw nastiness.  You did this because
you were young, and wanted to support MMY and all the Vedic stuff.  You had had
some good spiritual experiences in your life and that was proof enough that TM
worked.  You spent a lot of time trying to reconcile the garbage with the good.
Yeah, maybe you should have gotten the message and gotten out sooner, but it
was your Life by then, and your family's life and your home,  Not so easy to
walk away from that when you have kids and friends and community in Ffld and
your heart and beliefs invested, too.  (I think I have your history right?)

 Give yourself a break -  we each reach that point of coming to terms with the
disconnect at different times and with different outcomes.  For some, it is
always better to stay and look the other way - the positives are worth it.  For
others, they see right away they are not cut out for it.  You took your time -
not such a bad approach.  The TMO was incredibly hierarchical by the time I got
involved. We had no experience with that and were just put in this weird
position of trying to ignore it, and yet deal with it.  LIke the king appearing
without clothes but no one dares to mention it.  Basic human nature - I mean
there are fairy tales about this stuff.  Sorry you got hurt.

Edg:But if anyone here wants to defend the TMO as guilt-free because "everyone
has their integrity and has to own their own karma, so we get to maraud others
with fake science, lies, lies and more lies," then I'm probably going to piss
all over those opinions just as you, Dear Fucked-up Richard, have once again
tried to piss on my opinions.