> dear Xeno, I read all your posts because I enjoy doing so.  I currently have
> 6 posts of yours to answer including this one.  I hope you won't mind if I
> attempt to answer the remaining 5 in one post.  But actually I did a little
> reply to you in my post below to Turq with the last sentence of the first
> paragraph:  "That person was expressing their opinion about Triguna's death
> occurring..."  I was responding to what you said about the word auspicious.
>

> Anyway, I really liked what you said about the world being crazy but
> spiritual seeking being even crazier.  But I want to read that whole post
> again before I say more.  In fact I need to reread all 5 of your other
> posts.  Thanks for being patient.  If that's what you're being (-:
>
> oh Xeno, I don't think anyone on FFL is an all around bad person.  I've said
> so a bazillion times:  we're all a mix of positive and negative yada yada.
> And I don't know why your negativity generally doesn't upset me.  Somehow
> you usually sound so fair and balanced.  Maybe that's it.  This observation
> that some people upset me and some do not has been bewildering me in a good
> way for a few weeks.  I've wanted to ask your opinion about it when you
> brought up the angle of perception.  BTW I agree with what you've said
> recently about that.
>
> Anyway, I know this sounds really weird but somehow I feel safe getting upset
> with Turq.  I feel like I can let off some steam with him.  For one thing,
> he almost never replies to a reply of mine, upset or not (-:
>
> When you ask me if I want to heal Turq I feel laughter bubbling up.  The
> idea seems so ludicrous.  I don't really understand why it seems that way.
> I guess I see him as being very comfortable in his life.  Sort of beyond
> even the concept of healing, etc.  Except about the TMO.  He seems
> reasonable so often about other topics.  I simply don't understand why the
> TMO upsets him after so many decades of no involvement in it.
>
> Sometimes my reaction is simply oh that's just Turq being Turq.  But
> sometimes my reaction is more than that.  I don't really understand all the
> ins and outs of my reactions on FFL.  Very often I just read and respond in
> a flow.  Control comes into play as I keep track of my number of posts.
> But otherwise, my responding is pretty spontaneous.
>
> OTOH, slowly but surely I'm acquiring an attitude similar to yours about
> FFL.  To simply enjoy the process of participating.  At least that's one of
> my new year's resolutions (-:
>
> More later.  You make me think.  I'm grateful.

Share,

Perhaps Turq is not actually upset, perhaps you experience, maybe not overtly,
a method in his expressions. I do, and I do not attribute the custodian of hell
as his inspiration. If you do not get upset, that just means those nervous
system buttons are inactive, you are seeing through the oppositions in a
situation and sensing Being in some way, or just being Being. Spiritual
discourse can be incredibly presumptuous and pompous. Look at the stuff I write.

FFL seems kind of like those old electric bumper cars you see in old amusement
parks, chaotically crashing into one another, or sometimes sliding in parallel
with others.

The truth of spiritual practice and discourse is not what is done or said, but
how it affects people and how people sense, between the lines, what is actually
being said. There is a lot of superficiality in this business, and you have to
be able to weed it out. On the level of intellect, spiritual talk is logically
contradictory and often fuzzy, opaque.

What is said has to get you to think for yourself. If you rely on others,
ultimately you will not succeed in this - you need them to start you off, and
then as you drift to the other shore (which is really not an other shore) you
have to have the sense to observe when to paddle, when to drift, when to travel
along with someone, when to push off alone again. In the end it is not about
them, it is about what you are, in essence, that you are working to know.

That means as some point everything else except that essence has to go. That
does not mean being silent, the silence and the activity of life have to fuse
so that you cannot tell them apart. In the beginning we cannot tell them apart
either, but in the end, when they are defined in experience so to speak, and
come back together and become whole, you know there is no further to go, there
are no options left to grasp or understand about it, and the search ends.

Then for the first time in your life, you get to figure out what to do next,
without anyone to lean on for understanding, to figure out how to live, and
express if you choose, what you found out.