--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808"  wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend"  wrote:
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808"  wrote:

> > > Not a very convincing sidestep, I shall put you in with
> > > Nabby and Dumbass as not understanding your motives.
> >
> > And I shall put you down as pretty dumb, salyavin. If you
> > read the rest of what I wrote, you'd know the motives
> > you're imagining simply don't apply in my case.
> >
> > And my goodness, if you can't tell the difference between
> > what motivates Nabby and what motivates DrD, you're quite
> > remarkably unperceptive.
>
> hmmm, you assume I think you all have the same motives
> when all I said was you are unaware of them.

You're wrong about me and DrD.

> > You're like Barry: your imagination doesn't stretch any
> > further than your preconceptions.
>
> True, but I have boundlessly amazing preconceptions.

Not so boundless or amazing as you think. Your imagination
doesn't stretch any further than your preconception about
your preconceptions either.

We've all got preconceptions. The question is whether one
can put the tendency to avoid cognitive dissonance on hold
long enough to look beyond them.