In my case when I left MIU in 1987, I had no real desire to be removed from the
Movement, intended to go on rounding courses and yet had just before leaving
MIU, about 3 months before, I had been introduced other kinds of spiritual
practices, reiki and healing stuff so when I came back to South Carolina I
started meeting people who were into other stuff than TM and I was interested,
so dabbled around with it.

Quite by accident or perhaps by Cosmic Design, I became aware of some things
that disturbed me a fair amount with the behavior of Bevan and other members of
the TMO who were creating some shenanigans in Heavenly Mountain - it was really
the Boone, NC stuff that made me decide not to have anything to do with the TMO
except maybe round sometime, and then in 1996 a woman I was friends with who
also became a certified meditation teacher with Deepak Chopra thru his CHopra
center in La Jolla, and I learned another mantra meditation

The experiences I had made me feel "Hey! Marshy might have got it wrong - TM
ain't necessarily the best meditation out there!"

So my attention was just not on TM at all for a number of years except every
now and again when I would talk to one of my friends who was a TB'er and they
would tell me the latest spate of rumors about how many people were hovering
and how close we wuz to world peace, and the occasional news article on M's
increasingly bizarre behavior like the scorpion nation absurdity.

It was really only after I reconnected with someone who said their health had
been put at grave risk through some unethical behavior on the part of an
ayurvedic practitioner at MIU that I began to remember me discomfort with and
questions about the Movement that I had never really dealt with - so the
process for me dealing with such things began at the time I became a member
here on FFL and I came here looking for information and to see if others had
had such concerns as I had myself - so for me it has been maybe a year?

Or a little less - and a lot of the stuff I have learned from Curtis, Barry,
Sal, Rick, watching the David Wants to Fly film and Rick's Batgap interview
with Mark Landua brought up more stuff so I am still processing a bit.

But you seem to feel that when one processes fully the questions, issues etc
about TM and the TMO one then gets into a comfortable place where one just says
everything is ok and one should never say that Georgina Wilson lied to my face
or like someone posted here about Neil Patterson being an ass cause he wouldn't
let the guy use Movement facilities cuz he had a beard.

Just cuz we decide that the TMO is a rapacious organization and that Marshy was
a fraud, sexual user and huckster doesn't mean we still have issues.

If you are indeed enlightened, does it mean you are still processing something
about people who call the Movement and Marshy what they were and are?