--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808"  wrote:
(snip)
> We are talking about about cultish methods of issue avoidance
> like Nabby's "I never saw anything like it so you must be
> lying" or Judy's "I wouldn't be annoyed that someone tried
> to rip me off $50,000 for something that couldn't happen
> because I don't have $50,000".

Ooooo, that wasn't very smart of you, salyavin. Did you
really think I wouldn't call you on this deliberate
misrepresentation?

As you know, I didn't cite my bank account as a reason
for not reacting to the Vedaland pitch (had I been
there). And if you attempt to dispute this, I'll quote
your question and my actual response to it (you really
should not put your own paraphrases in quote marks, by
the way--that's dodgy in and of itself).

The reason I gave for why I wouldn't have reacted was (as
you know):

"It simply wouldn't have been a big blip on my radar screen.
Just more silly TMO blah-blah-blah, tune it out. Vedaland
was a ridiculous notion to start with even when Henning was
still in full cry....I would have paid too little attention
to the blah-blah-blah even to notice that it was dishonest."

I mean, I can understand why you wouldn't *want* to quote
this as a "cultish method of issue avoidance." It would
make you look *really* dumb. But what you quoted instead
demonstrates your own dishonesty.

You are learning well from Barry. Now you need to learn
what he never has: You can't get away with pulling that
kind of misrepresentation here, and it has a very negative
effect on your credibility. If you're willing to be
dishonest about something that's so easily proven false,
you're likely to be even more willing to be dishonest
about something that's more difficult to document.