--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend"  wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, navashok  wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend"  wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, navashok  wrote:
> > > (snip>
> > >
> > > You won't get into a "dog fight" by simply reporting what's
> > > in the book. You *are* likely to get into a dog fight if you
> > > insist what's in the book must be the objective truth and
> > > use it to attack Robin (again, in his absence, one of your
> > > particularly dishonorable tendencies).
> >
> > I only hint what is in the book and report it. Where on
> > earth do I insist it is true?
>
> In your post to Steve, you reported the "Caitlin" incident
> as if it were factual (although you backed off after I
> pointed out that we didn't have Robin's side of the story).

You have to first read what Steve wrote: Steve said: 'you do not hear
complaints about financial, or sexual impropieties'

Factually this is wrong because we hear about complaints of sexual
improprieties in the book the CULT. That there are complaints IS a fact. If
these complains correspond to the actual truth is up to everybody's belief.

> > The book is there for all to read. It is your insinuations,
> > pure fantasy by you, that is dishonest.
>
> Oh, which "insinuations" were those, navashok?
>
> > It can't be a taboo talking about this,
>
> Of course not. Nowhere did I suggest it was. I was
> addressing your silly contention that you'd get into
> a "dog fight" if you mentioned any details.
>
> > and I am not bringing it up from my site,
>
> ("Side," not "site.") Again, I didn't say you were.
>
> > I am just reacting to what Steve said. Nor do I get after
> > you, as you continuously insinuate. If you are honest you
> > will have to acknowledge this.
>
> If you are honest, you'll have to acknowledge that you
> have been doing precisely this since I called you on
> your psychiatric pseudo-diagnosis of Robin last December.

I haven't. Just now, it was you responding to what I reported and making a
couple of unfounded insinuations, like my supposed antipathy toward Robin.
Right now, and visible to everybody, it is YOU getting after me, just because I
have dared to mention Robin. It is like you are ready to jump any time.

> (And I don't "insinuate" this, I say it right up front.)
>
> > And yes, I have no reason to believe that Bill Howell is not
> > saying the truth.
>
> You have no reason to believe he is telling the truth
> either, other than your antipathy toward Robin.

You have no reason to believe I have any antipathy toward Robin. I have no
agenda with him, this is just your fantasy.

> > You may disagree, that's okay.
>
> Much more importantly, does Robin disagree?

But he didn't even read so far, he stopped after page 80 or so. There are
hardly any revelations up to this page.

> When he commented on the book, Robin was surprisingly
> generous toward Howell; he didn't accuse him of lying.
> He did say his own memory differed from Howell's in
> several factual respects (he didn't say what they were).
>
> But he also indicated he felt Howell's overall
> presentation, albeit sincere, was significantly skewed.
> I cited an amazing discussion between Ann and Robin in
> which Robin gave his perspective on it all.
>
> Of course, far be it from you to read that discussion
> for balance.

Well, Robin didn't even read the book which is all about him. He didn't really
care to know, how what he did was reflected in the lives of the people who
spend decades with him, and how they had to struggle to come to terms with it.
I wish him the best and peace nevertheless, but I will give him no special
credit over what others report here.