While I do not want to get into this particular sparring match between MJ and
JS about whether TM is a devotional practice or not, the following link points
to a few pages of Maharishi's Theory of Spiritual development from 1955, which
is the earliest document I know of that describes his system of meditation.

This is a PDF document, an excerpt from 'Beacon Light of the Himalayas'.
Because the TMO did not exist then, and this was published without a copyright,
I will assume it is in the public domain.

http://bit.ly/YQmNKW