 From: authfriend <authfri...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2013 11:10 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: David Lynch Is Back

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"  wrote:

> While I do not want to get into this particular sparring match
> between MJ and JS about whether TM is a devotional practice or
> not,

What Michael and I are actually "sparring" about is
Michael's unwillingness--or inability--to address the
case emptybill made that TM is not a devotional
practice.

> the following link points to a few pages of Maharishi's Theory
> of Spiritual development from 1955, which is the earliest
> document I know of that describes his system of meditation.

Actually the link doesn't "point to" anything. It doesn't
work (HTTP 404).

> This is a PDF document, an excerpt from 'Beacon Light of the
> Himalayas'.

And I'll just bet it's the excerpt in which Maharishi says:

"...We find that any sound can serve our purpose of training the
mind to become sharp. But we do not select any sound like 'mike',
flower, table, pen, wall etc. because such ordinary sounds can
do nothing more than merely sharpening the mind; whereas there
are some special sounds which have the additional efficacy of
producing vibrations whose effects are found to be congenial
to our way of life. This is the scientific reason why we do not
select any word at random. For our practice we select only the
suitable mantras of personal Gods. Such mantras fetch to us the
grace of personal Gods and make us happier in every walk of
life."

Right?