--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J. Williams" <richard@...> wrote:

> Nothing surprises me much anymore. Rita and I went over to visit
> friends the other day and I took along an audio CD of our band
> playing at a local club. Unfotunately the guy didn't have a home
> stereo (he's an eye doctor, go figure), so we had to put the music
> CD in the DVD player and listen to it through the flat-screen TV's
> speakers.

What sort of stuff do you play Willy? I can picture you with maraccas.

> Needless to say the sound really sucked!
>
> From what I've read here, this is not unusual. One list informant
> watches movies on his laptop computer; another apparently lugs
> around an external hard drive with his stuff on it.
>
> One guy I know has hundreds of audio CDs all piled up in a closet
> inside a whirling plastic CD rack - he takes a flashlight in there
> with him - one time he was in there for ten minutes looking for a
> tune to play (there's no AC in there). LoL!
>
> My first stereo system back in 1962 was a Sherwood reciever with
> Advent speakers and an AR turntable with a Shure M95E cartridge.
> The only problem was I couldn't turn up the volume much because
> of the neighbors. Go figure.

I've only got headphones now (sigh). I do miss a bit of weight
with my Zeppelin but I made up for it by getting a really good
pair of Sennheisers and a dedicated valve headamp.

> These days, I'm still using the Yamaha separate rack components I
> got back in 1995 at Doc Holliday's Pawn Shop in Austin. Now that
> I'm in the country, I like to occasionaly crank it up and play dance
> tunes in the barn.
>
> The Yamaha basic amplifier puts out 250 watts per channel in
> stereo with less than .00001% total harmonic distortion. With that
> kind of power I need some really robust speakers, so I moved up
> from Advents to floor-standing JBLs.
>
> What's unique about my system is the the ability to play vinyl
> recordings. For audiophile HI-Fi I use the Sansui fitted with the
> Grado cartridge tracking under 2.0 grams.
>
> Equipment profile:
>
> Sansui SR 929 Quartz Servo Direct Drive Turntable
>
> Yamaha Natural Sound
>
> MX 800 Basic Amplifier
> C65 Pre Amplifier
> TX 900 FM/FM Tuner
> KX-W900U Casste Deck
> SR 929 DVD-CD Player
>
> http://youtu.be/lh6uNblb6Ho <http://youtu.be/lh6uNblb6Ho>
>
>   <http://youtu.be/lh6uNblb6Ho>

I think you should post a video of you dancing, might change
our opinion of you, round you out so to speak....