(snip)
> On the Dawkins topic: for me the core of the debate seems to
> lie in understanding the nature of cognitive dissonance or
> what you call weird disconnect or wooly thinking.

Well, that isn't where the core of the debate salyavin
and I have been having lies, no. Perhaps you're thinking
of some other debate not currently taking place on FFL.

> I say let's hook up the ABofC to an fMRI and see what actually
> happens inside his skull when he expresses such a potentially
> explosive combo of belief and scientific knowledge.

I know you say you're joking about the fMRI, but I'm
curious as to why you assume Williams has ever expressed
a "potentially explosive combo of belief and scientific
knowledge." Or are you joking about that too?