> You can think whatever you like

Good to know.

- these people who have lots of followers don't have them from a sense of duty
or doing good for humanity, they have the followers because they WANT them -
for money, sex, and to get attention - most of them anyway and in some ways
Barry is correct - if the "seekers" could realize the so-called gurus don't
know near what the followers think they know the world would be better off

I took issue with your statement that these two prove that all gurus and
"enlightened" people are frauds and shysters. I disagree that extrapolating
that conclusion from two random links to two random 'teachers' doesn't prove
anything.

And yes, those who continue to support and don't confront others when faced
with evidence of wrong doing or just plain craziness is called enabling. There
are usually valid reasons in the minds of the enablers for why they do this -
reasons of self-servingness and need are just two of them.