--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"
<anartaxius@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ann" <awoelflebater@> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, turquoiseb <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > For those who pride themselves either on their corpulent egos or their
> > > misguided belief in their own writing abilities (or both), we are
> > > pleased to announce a mini-contest on Fairfield Life.
> >
> > Do you ever stop long enough to read what you write and realize it's all
> > about you?
> > I have to say, you are the strangest, blindest human bean I have ever
> > encountered.
>
> This is a problem for everyone who writes, because when we talk, write, etc.,
> what we say typically represents our world view. So in a way this is a
> trivial comment, just as mine here is. Barry, Robin, Judy, Ravi, me and
> everyone else, we all write from our worldview POV. Sidestepping that view
> might be difficult. For example, if you 'hate' Barry, you could practise
> writing things that praise what he does. This is actually a spiritual
> technique - if you have a certain political persuasion, watch or listen to
> opponents of the view you feel is correct and see what happens in your
> experience. Views that are highly polarised against some particular
> situation, perhaps, represents getting one's buttons pushed rather than
> wisdom, that is, we are acting mechanically in response to that situation, we
> cannot control our response, or see mulitiple possibilities.

Dear Xeno, you have not addressed what my comment was about. You missed the
context and the meaning. You missed the joke part. How did you do this? When
was the last time you let out a great big belly laugh or found yourself with
tears streaming down your face from laughing so hard that even your scalp hurt?

I have already thought about writing positive posts to Barry and praising who
he is and what he does irrespective of whether I believed what I was saying or
not and I rejected the idea. I don't like to lie.

> Do you like ice cream?

Yes indeedy I love vanilla Haagen Dazs.