Here is a piece of an old LA Times article that mentioned Beckley:

The get-rich-quick business is quickly getting poorer.

Consider Ed Beckley, a skinny, squeaky-voiced man with choir-boy looks who
sells a $299 "Millionaire Maker" package of cassettes and books promising to
teach people how to get rich buying real estate even if they are broke.

Once based near Sacramento, the former schoolteacher moved his operation in
1984 to Fairfield, Iowa, to be closer to a university founded by his
spiritual mentor, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, the renowned Indian
transcendental meditation guru.

Within a year, Beckley, 39, built
the largest company in the business of distributing advice on buying
real estate with no money down. His "Million Dollar Secrets" cable
television program appeared in about 200 markets, his payroll grew to
560 and the company he controls, the Beckley Group, claimed to have $40
million in sales.

But while Beckley was telling people how to get
rich, his Beckley Group was going broke. Deluged with more than 40,000
refund requests from people who bought Beckley's home-study courses, the
company ran out of money a year ago. On March 22, the company, in which Beckley
owns an 80% stake, filed in Des Moines for protection from
creditors under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code, listing $6
million in debts.

All but 35 of Beckley's employees have been
fired, the program now appears in only 20 television markets and the
company is having trouble making good on a promise made to the Iowa
attorney general's office to refund more than $3 million still owed to
11,000 people. That pledge followed an inquiry by the agency into
alleged violations of state consumer laws. Donald Neiman, the Beckley
Group's attorney, said it may take three to five years to repay those
customers.

Here is his current website:

http://www.edbeckley.org/