On 08/01/2013 06:46 AM, Alex Stanley wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808" <fintlewoodlewix@...>
> wrote:
>>
>> Either your inbox gets flooded or, if you read online, you have
>> to click back 5-6 pages every day to find any threads you've
>> posted on. It gets very tedious.
> That's why I get my email feed with a Gmail account. Gmail offers free POP
> access, and I pick it up with Thunderbird. That way, my inbox is nothing but
> FFL. I set the retention policy on the Inbox to 120 days to limit how much
> drive space it takes up. Because all the traffic resides on my PC, sorting
> and searching is lightning fast (helps a lot that it's a solid state drive
> instead of a disk drive). When I want to respond to something, I click the
> reply page in my default browser, which is always logged into my Yahoo
> account (which is subscribed with the no email option). The few other sites
> that send email to that Gmail address are automatically filtered off into a
> separate folder.

The great thing about using an email client like Thunderbird is that you
can have all kinds of different filters and ways to look at an email
folder like the one I put the FFL emails in.  The retention policy for
my FFL folder is 10 days.  I have a filter that catches any messages
that Bhairitu and copies them to a sub folder.  Most of the time I read
the group in date mode organized by threads.  One click and I can see
them as a list of single messages by date order.  Then there are other
fliters that allow for looking at email for 2 days back, 5 days back or
all 10 days.  And of course there are search filters on the messages
etc.  With all those tools available one can make quick work of reading
about any email group. Comparatively reading FFL on the web site is
pretty clunky.