Over the years I've been on this forum, I have gradually
ceased to believe that there is a universally applicable
scheme for the development of enlightenment, such that if
someone doesn't have *this* experience or does have *that*
experience, it means they are (or are not) enlightened.

Some experiences (or lack of same) may be more common than
others, but you can't make absolute, across-the-board
"rules" that apply to all individuals without exception,
any more than you can do it with the experience of falling
in love. The uniqueness of first-person ontology remains
just that.

My opinion, anyway.