Those claiming "enlightenment" should be able to offer comparative proof
based upon
something other than their own subjectivity or "my guru/former guru
sez".

However, not only Robin but you also seem willfully uninformed about the
subject as described by the texts of traditional advaita.

Thus you ask - What good would it (have done/now do) to examine his
experiences in light of other descriptions.

"Other descriptions" are incidental since they are experiential and can
not possibly self-certify knowledge. He might have compared his actual
situation with knowledge in Vedanta and realized that no process of
experience could ever be liberation nor could it ever give liberation or
some so-called "enlightenment".

Were he was not indulging in self-delusion, he might have tried to find
out more. Then again he was not taught more - nor apparently was he
interested in learning more.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend"  wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "emptybill" emptybill@ wrote:
> >
> > Yep, went back and read posts 312097 and 299555.
> >
> > I pointed out to the "Muni of Monte Cassino" (a number of times)
> > that none of the descriptions of his purported "Unity Consciousness"
> > conform to Shankara's explanations - whether in the
BrahmaSutraBhasya,
> > UpanishadBhasya or BhagavadGitaBhasya.
> >
> > Such "grand enlightenment" appears to have been Robin's own
> > neo-Advaitic epiphanies later aggrandized and grafted upon
Maharishi's