Judy vents and puts down and attempts to mind read. I notice that in contrast
Jason's post on this topic said something very similar and useful about the
topic but without venting, putting down or attempting to mind read. Go figure!

________________________________
 From: "authfri...@yahoo.com" <authfri...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2013 12:09 AM
Subject: RE: Re: [FairfieldLife] Drink More Water

Share whines:

Judy, this is neither an academic forum nor a journalistic one. I am simply
another poster sharing what has been helpful to me.

Was what I wrote unclear to you? Or is this your usual reality-avoidance
behavior? Because it's a complete non sequitur. Nobody said it was an academic
forum or a journalistic one or that you were anything but another poster.

I think I read this in the book You're Not Sick You're Thirsty.

And that's your "some people in the health care industry"?? A book by a quack?

It was first published many years ago so I'm not surprised that new findings
are available.

And heaven forbid you check to see whether there are new findings rather than
spewing out the old ones. Just toooooo much bother, says Share to herself.
Instead I'll cite "some people in the health care industry" to make myself
sound all authoritative and all.

I notice you carefully deleted what I said about the new findings, along with
the URL to a story about them. Think you could be just a little bit more
dishonest, Share?

Sorry to spoil your ploy, but here's what you deleted again:

As it happens, I'm challenging you. Recent studies in the British Medical
Journal appear to show that the notion that if you're thirsty, you're already
dehydrated, is false. Thirst (as one might expect on the basis of common sense)
turns out to be a finely sensitive mechanism for determining one's degree of
hydration. It seems that the meme you repeat was started by the manufacturers
of sports drinks (GatorAde, etc.) in an attempt to increase sales, and has now
become common wisdom. Except that it's wrong:

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/dayinhealth/are-sports-drinks-harmful-or-healthy

Scroll down to the heading "Undermining a Natural Body Signal: Thirst" for more.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
Judy had written:

Share, citing "some people in the health industry" does not give what you say
any additional credibility, it just makes you appear to be trying too hard to
sound as if you're well informed. If you can't give a specific reference,
better just to say, "It's my understanding that..." and let yourself be
challenged if anybody disagrees. Then go see if you can find a reference.