Akasha:
> > Terming that as "E", to me, goes beyond reporting. its labeling.
> > And since it differs from what many understand that term to be,
> > it simply promotes miscommunication.

Unc:
> Fine.  I've already told you that the only reason I
> was using the E word was because it was already in
> play in the thread.  I don't think that way.  Call
> it enkughtenment if you like.  :-)

A:
I know. Some comments are not directly focused on You (which I am sure
weakens the exposition given you are clealy the most interesting thing
to talk about : ) ). Some are just points being made, relevant to the
topic and thread. But its is a good call. When doing such, its good
 to clarify "I am making a general point here, and not talking
specifically about you..."

> > U:
> > > No claims, merely reporting.  And having fun.
> >
> > A: Well, fun is good. This discussion is fun and not a challenge.
> > And resonable people can view the same things differently.

U:
> If more people realized that, more discussions would
> be more fun.  :-)

A:
Yes. Fun is good. Clarifying is good. Provocative POVs can be good.
Insights are good. Letting go is good.

Jabbing people is not so good. Responding to jabs is not so good.
Diagnosing motives in others is not so good. Unsolicited advice is not
so good. Pontification (like I am doing here) is not so good. :)

A:
> > But labels (above) is different from a "term" which can facilite
> > communication. Some don't appear to distinguish between labels and
> > terms, which seems unfortunate.
> >
> > The term E is a rolled up abstraction. A symbol for so me
> > experience.  When all share the same understanding of the
> > symbol, it can facilitate communication.

U:
> What makes you believe that they all share the
> *experience*, and thus can agree on a symbol for it?

A:
Ah, a many paths, many peaks guy. I am pretty open to that. But I
think you are making the same point.  For many reasons, not all share
the same understanding of the symbol, and perhaps are "describing" a
different experience, and thus broad semantic symbols in metaphysical
discussions usually do not facilitate communication.

A:
> > When people make up their own definitions, which is
> > fine IMO, but without clearly demarcing how such differs from
> > common usage, the symbol loses its value, it becomes counter
> > productive.

U: