--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, akasha_108 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> A: Ah, then we seem  to be talking the same thing.
>
> Its odd though, I keep saying "no labels, enjoy the (non)-trip" and
> you keep saying "if you drop the labels, then you can enjoy the
> continuum."  Sounds the same to me.
>
> But the tone seems argumentative, in a friendly way. Perhaps its a
> classic case of presuming (falsely) what the other is thinking.

Actually, I'm just having fun.  I *only* engage in
discussions of enlightenment for fun, because I
honestly don't believe that anything more can or
should be expected of them.  They're just a bunch
of hot air moving around, accomplishing nothing.
And that's FINE, as long as you know that what
you're doing is just moving around hot air, for
the express purpose of having fun.  If one of the
parties believes that something's going to actually
be settled or accomplished as a result of moving all
that air around, for me it becomes less fun.

> Actually, I think its more each of us responding to snippets,
> without focusing on the forest -- what is this guys main point,
> beyond his snippet response raps.

I may be a harder case than that.  I don't particularly
CARE what the other person's point is in discussions
of enlightenment, because I don't think that there are
any points TO be made, other than having fun.  This
implies no disrespect for the person spouting their
particular theories, merely a disbelief that the theories
have anything whatsoever to do with reality.

> > > I think clear terms can facilitate discussion.
>
> U:
> > But what does the discussion facilitate?
>
> A: Well, it happens. its value -- maybe none. But you suggested
> you have gained great value from recent discussions here. So you
> tell me.

Something someone said triggered a train of thought
that resulted in a different way of seeing.  That
was fun.  The new way of seeing -- the new theory
about enlightenment and my own experiences -- is
more fun for me to entertain, because it "covers
more bases" than the previous incarnations of the
theory.  But it's still a theory, and thus, when
talking about enlightenment -- WRONG.  I *assume*
that it is wrong.  I entertain such theories merely
for amusement purposes, not to convince myself that
they are correct.