Alara Kalama and Uddaka Ramaputta, the teachers of the historical Buddha, of course were Sramanas of the Buddhist persuasion - that's why they were practicing yoga and meditation. Not because they were Hindus who reverted the Vedas.

There's no yoga mentioned in the Vedas - that came much later, and all the Upanishads were composed AFTER the Buddha's demise.

The similarity between the views of Gaudapada and Nagarjuna cannot be missed. Gaudapada himself acknowledges this when he says, "There are some (shunyavadins) who uphold non-dualism (advayavada) and reject both the extreme views of being and non-being, of production and destruction and thus emphatically proclaim the doctrine of no-origination. We approve", says Gaudapada, "of the doctrine of no-origination proclaimed by them."

Swami Nikhilananda on Mandukya Up:

"From the fact that many Buddhist terms are used in explaining the fourth state, such as Sunyata or emptiness, it is clear that this commentary was written in an era when the concepts of the Mulamadhyamakakarika school of Mahayana Buddhism were influential and renowned."

Mandukya Upanishad:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandukya_Upanishad