Hey Share, if a person is established in silence all the time, they no longer
need to round seven and a half hours a day. It continues 24/7. So, there is not
really a correlation between time explicitly spent meditating, and a person's
ability to be a source of calm, vs a generator of noise.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 Ann, there were 2 posts and in one you focused on rounding spouses. As a
response to the other, I refer you to this comment from Seraphita: We
understand what you're saying but it is a common belief in all contemplative
traditions that communities joined together practising silent prayer (eg, monks
and nuns) have a beneficial effect on the world even though to practical,
common-sense types they seem to be a waste of space. Indeed, even the very
recollection that there are men and women who forsake the feverish ambitions of
the mass of people induces a feeling of calm!

 On Wednesday, October 9, 2013 10:28 AM, "awoelflebater@..."