Yesterday, meditated with Valkee (~ vahl-keh) on, and felt really revitalized...

 http://valkee.com/en/ http://valkee.com/en/

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

---In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 Hey Share, if a person is established in silence all the time, they no longer
need to round seven and a half hours a day. It continues 24/7. So, there is not
really a correlation between time explicitly spent meditating, and a person's
ability to be a source of calm, vs a generator of noise.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 Ann, there were 2 posts and in one you focused on rounding spouses. As a
response to the other, I refer you to this comment from Seraphita: We
understand what you're saying but it is a common belief in all contemplative
traditions that communities joined together practising silent prayer (eg, monks
and nuns) have a beneficial effect on the world even though to practical,
common-sense types they seem to be a waste of space. Indeed, even the very
recollection that there are men and women who forsake the feverish ambitions of
the mass of people induces a feeling of calm!

 So in what way do you see those that round 7.5 hours a day as "spiritual
warriors". What is a spiritual warrior? In what way are those who sit with
their eyes closed for so many hours per day living full lives? Is the person
who jumps head first into life and activity any less warrior-like than those
who sit in a room and meditate? Is the person who sits alone and inert living a
full life as a human with a physical body? What would happen if the entire
population sat for 7.5 hours per day with their eyes closed doing nothing?

 On Wednesday, October 9, 2013 10:28 AM, "awoelflebater@..."