Just one place? Aw, how could I choose between Mesopotamia during the heyday of
Babylon and the late Mesozoic in North America? All those Triceratops and
Velociraptors! That hanging gardens! I am allowed to take my camera right?

 Ok, how about Israel about 40,000 years ago, we could sit on a hill and watch
the first human beings walk out of Africa. And if they're late we could do a
bit of snorkelling.

 Or we could go forward a few million years and see what the human race turns
into. Or not.

 And the pyramids in Egypt just after they were finished, all shiny white
limestone and a nice gold cap on top, must been rather impressive.

 Rome during the time of Cicero.

 See the Doors at the Whisky a go go in '67.

 Tell Van Gogh he'll be popular one day, honest.

 Find out what stonehenge was actually for.

 But you can tell I never get hold of a time machine because I would have gone
here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/07/02/stephen-hawking-time-travel_n_1643488.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/07/02/stephen-hawking-time-travel_n_1643488.html

 Too late now....