That's quite a review of the Cohen bio. I might read it just because it should
be interesting.

 I have to admit to a limited ability to appreciate popular-type music. In
general, I just don't find it as interesting as serious/classical music. There
are exceptions, but Cohen ain't one of them, nor is Jarrett (yes, I know he's
written music in a quasi-classical mode). Obviously music is a very personal
taste; I'm not saying Cohen and Jarrett aren't fine musicians.

Emily wrote:
 << Hey there, we have something "not in common" - smile.  I first heard
Leonard in my 20's; loved the song Suzanne.  A few years ago, I caught the
televised show on public television of his "Live in London" concert and fell
madly in love with his music and lyrics and bought the DVD and his "Book of
Longing," which includes drawings he has done and which I also love.  This
Christmas season, I have gone on a book buying binge (not as sustainable as
using a Kindle or the library, so I feel a bit guilty) and one book I bought
was "I'm Your Man: The Life of Leonard Cohen" by Sylvie Simmons.  Haven't read
it yet.  Here is a good review for those that might like old Leonard.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2012/09/im-your-man-the-life-of-leonard-cohen-by-sylvie-si.html

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2012/09/im-your-man-the-life-of-leonard-cohen-by-sylvie-si.html

 I first heard Keith Jarrett here on FFL; Robin posted a link as I remember.
I've since listened to (on you tube) him on and off and I confess to liking him
as well; I like the quietness of what he plays.  Of course, he's no Gould.
Smile.   >>