More from Slate.com on light boxes for treatment of SAD:

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/explainer/2013/12/light_box_therapy_can_it_alleviate_sad_and_winter_blues.html

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/explainer/2013/12/light_box_therapy_can_it_alleviate_sad_and_winter_blues.html

---In FairfieldLife@{{emailDomain}}, <authfriend@...> wrote:

 If you're thinking of tanning salons, no, those are most definitely not the
answer. But SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) can be significantly mitigated
with the use of light boxes designed for the purpose:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/seasonal-affective-disorder/DS00195/DSECTION=treatments-and-drugs

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/seasonal-affective-disorder/DS00195/DSECTION=treatments-and-drugs

John wrote:

 Bhairitu,

 It's understandable why this is the case.  From what I've heard, there are
some countries in Europe, like Sweden and Finland, where it's always dark
during the winter--with only a very short glimpse of the Sun perhaps.  Who
can't be depressed in that environment?

 From what I understand, the depression can be cured by taking a regular
artificial sun bath in a special salon.  So, there is always a human innovation
to cure the problem during these modern times.