The request for posting limits is a sure sign of "spiritual immaturity". It's like needing "training wheels" or diapers to be on the Internet.

On 12/26/2013 03:49 AM, j_alexander_stan...@yahoo.com wrote:

I absolutely refuse to take it back on. If folks are too stupid or lazy to just fucking filter out what they don't want to read, then they should go offline and do something else. Stop expecting others to do simple shit you can damn well do yourselves. Get a fucking grip, people.

---In FairfieldLife@{{emailDomain}}, <authfri...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I have to agree, except I'd rather make it a 75-post limit.

However, I don't think there's any chance of the limit being reimposed. Alex is very unlikely to want to take it back on, and Rick's too busy to even read the posts here except once in a blue moon. Plus which, apparently Neo has made managing a group nearly impossible. As long as the group pretty much runs itself, that doesn't matter, but if it involves removing and then reinstating posting privileges on a fairly regular basis, it's likely to be a huge hassle.

But something really does have to be done about Richard. Either he's deliberately trying to kill the group, or he's developed some kind of mental problem that keeps him from seeing what he's doing--maybe the onset of dementia.

I didn't think I would hear myself say this (and I haven't because I'm writing it) but I am formally asking Rick for the reinstatement of posting limits. At least at 50 I might, just might, be able to stick it out with the, shall we say, obsessive troller Richard. He is nothing if not persistent in his need to drive this forum into the basement. FFL will end some day but it would be nice if it wasn't because of Ricky. He's just not worth it.