--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,  wrote:

> Gee, Bhairitu, Barry was extremely fond of the posting limits. You
don't mean to suggest he's "spiritually immature," do you?

As Bhairitu is probably aware, Barry was fond of the posting limits
because Judy was not. They *were*, after all, created with the express
purpose of trying to teach Judy and two others some self-control.
Knowing that she in particular had none, I saw them as a way to get her
to reveal how *little* self-control she really has.

Who is the frequent poster who, during the entire lifespan of the
Posting Limits, never overposted, even once? (That would be moi.)

Who is the frequent poster who "posted out" and wound up sitting on the
Got No Self Control Bench more than all but one other poster? (That
would be Judy. She spent as I remember eight *weeks* sitting on that
bench because she couldn't control herself.)

How could I *not* like a setup like that? I'd wind her up, and more
often than not she'd lose SO much control that she'd post out and we'd
be free of her for a week. :-)

Now there are no more Posting Limits, so that opportunity for fun is
beyond us. But now Richard has taken over as Wind-Up Master anyway, so
he's free to make Judy dance any way he wants to.  :-)

>  The request for posting limits is a sure sign of "spiritual
immaturity".  It's like needing "training wheels" or diapers to be on
the Internet.

mailto:j_alexander_stanley@ wrote:

>    I absolutely refuse to take it back on. If folks are too stupid or
lazy to just fucking filter out what they don't want to read, then they
should go offline and do something else. Stop expecting others to do
simple shit you can damn well do yourselves. Get a fucking grip, people.

>  ---In FairfieldLife@{{evilDomain}}, authfriend@ mailto:authfriend@
wrote:

>  I have to agree, except I'd rather make it a 75-post limit.
>

>  However, I don't think there's any chance of the limit being
reimposed. Alex is very unlikely to want to take it back on, and Rick's
too busy to even read the posts here except once in a blue moon. Plus
which, apparently Neo has made managing a group nearly impossible. As
long as the group pretty much runs itself, that doesn't matter, but if
it involves removing and then reinstating posting privileges on a fairly
regular basis, it's likely to be a huge hassle.

>  But something really does have to be done about Richard. Either he's
deliberately trying to kill the group, or he's developed some kind of
mental problem that keeps him from seeing what he's doing--maybe the
onset of dementia.

>  I didn't think I would hear myself say this (and I haven't because
I'm writing it) but I am formally asking Rick for the reinstatement of
posting limits. At least at 50 I might, just might, be able to stick it
out with the, shall we say, obsessive troller Richard. He is nothing if
not persistent in his need to drive this forum into the basement. FFL
will end some day but it would be nice if it wasn't because of Ricky.
He's just not worth it.