And yet you have had experiences that you would put in the spiritual category,
IIRC.  And I think I have as well.  If I had a technique now, it would be to
pretty much ignore those experiences if they come about, and even push back
against them somewhat, to see if they continue to assert themselves.  And it
has been interesting to see what sticks around, and what goes away.  Not to be
too cryptic about it.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <mjackson74@...> wrote:

 You know, I do appreciate your views on this. I too used to be a starry eyed
TM fanatic who absolutely believed that TM was the answer to everything (even
though it obviously was not, as I saw and ignored especially when I was living
in Fairfield and working on staff at MIU.)

 After that I rubbed elbows with a vast number of people all of whom engaged in
various sorts of alternative spiritual endeavors - everything from Sedona folks
who banged on a Native American drum every time the moon showed a sliver of
itself in the night sky, to folks who believed the "Galactics" were gonna come
down at juuuuuuuust the right time and save us all, to the wiccans most of whom
have no idea where wicca actually comes from, to people who claim to have the
inside track to God, to those who are determined warriors on the war path with
all things tech and money based and on and on.

 If only I had known about UG Krishnamurti in those days a talk or two from him
might have saved me a lot of time.

 These days I feel that about 90% of all this new agey spiritual doings is
about as much use as tits on a bo' hawg. That is southern slang for a male hog,
a boar.

 Not that there is not some use in what all spiritually minded folks do but
most of it just seems designed, albeit unconsciously, just to make us feel
better. And that is all it does, it makes us feel better emotionally, even
though our lives suck. And what better way to feel better than to believe our
very special and wonderful chosen path will lead to some sort of salvation for
all humanity.

 Its good to feel good, but when I see that most of the practitioners of all
this new agey stuff are STILL unhappy, still unhealthy, still un-wealthy and
still having crappy relationships, I see that even with the practices, beliefs,
icons and things and people to follow it doesn't seem to do the trick except
that we fool ourselves into believing if we stay on the path, we will
eventually get to where we want to be (really happy).

 As Edg would say "Bah!"
 On Fri, 1/10/14, steve.sundur@... mailto:steve.sundur@... <steve.sundur@...