---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <mjackson74@...> wrote:

 That's a pretty damn good strategy - had not thought of that.

 For me, TM was never going to be the "answer" for very much, let alone
"everything". For me it sounded like a great way to obtain all sorts of
physical and psychological benefits as well as a chance to explore
consciousness. Then, given the opportunity to do all of this with a few hundred
people in a scholastic setting and in an atmosphere of non drug taking and
teetotalling it felt like a great thing to do (attend MIU in 1975-1980).
Especially after having transferred from another ivy league Eastern-based
college and witnessing fraternities with their never-ending drinking binges and
watching my dorm mates get carted off to the hospital in alcohol induced comas,
I had had enough.

 But TM as the answer to world peace or as a way to ensure all humans who
practice it get enlightened? Not on your life. Perhaps having had lesser
expectations I have zero bitterness or even disappointment about any of it. I
had a really fun and rewarding time at MIU, I emerged unscathed emotionally or
physically and it just became another life experience to carry forward with and
reflect on occasionally.
 On Fri, 1/10/14, steve.sundur@... mailto:steve.sundur@... <steve.sundur@...