---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <steve.sundur@...> wrote:

 Ann, glad that you can speak so expertly on behalf of (seemingly) all gay
couples.  That's certainly a relief.

 I didn't mean to imply that I don't understand the need for helmets with bull
riding, just that it takes away from the macho image of it to some extent.

 Oh, I still think seeing some idiot who decides to strap themselves on top of
an animal weighing close to a ton and not happy about it is pretty macho,
albeit it ill-informed. A tiny little thing like a crash helmet and safety vest
hardly spoil the image for me - they're still macho and idiotic (or is that
redundant?).

 I assume you are being factitious about bike helmets.

 No. I have a really rebellious streak about having to wear them, which we do
here up in British Columbia. You get fined and ticketed if you're not wearing a
bike helmet. I think it's stupid. Soon, you'll have to wear a safety vest to
walk down the sidewalk or get thrown in jail for unnecessarily endangering
yourself. I don't like to be dictated to when it comes to my own safety.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <awoelflebater@...> wrote:

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <steve.sundur@...> wrote:

 Definitely moving in that direction. (-:

 Although, and not related, I do support MLB's decision to try to reduce those
hard collisions at home plate.

 But, I will say, I can't quite get used to helmets for bull riding.  Helmets
for hockey?  Okay, although I well remember they game being played without
them.

 How about those safety vests for bull riding that they all now wear? Frankly,
I think bull riders should be donning Michelin Man suits. Concussions are a big
deal now and virtually everyone wears a helmet for most sports and so they
should. Damaging your brain in the service of entertainment is hardly worth it.
One thing I do have a problem with, however, is having to wear a bike helmet. I
think of all the miles and hours I was atop a bike as a youngster and I never
once fell on my head, as hard as that might be to believe.

 And okay, thrown out for discussion.  I would guess that many gay couples may
be uncomfortable with the fact that they can now marry in many places.

 I think you are guessing dead wrong.

   I am particularly thinking of my sister who has lived with her S.O. for many
years.  I have never discussed it with her, but I am not sure they would want
to get married.

 Phew, you have never discussed this with your sister?

  But I wonder if it becomes a awkward decision for some gay couples, who might
have wanted to stay just beneath the radar, and now a question might arise,
"well why don't you now get married"

 No, no. Silly notion.

 And yes, I admit, the whole notion of people of the same sex getting married
does strike me as a little odd. But I have no objections.

 Well, that's a relief.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <mdixon.6569@...> wrote:

 Probably would do a smash-up Super Bowl half time show.