---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <steve.sundur@...> wrote:

 Ann, I figured you would misinterpret my statement on bull riding, either
intentionally, or unintentionally, so you didn't let me down there.

 Ann, you crack me up with your stance on bike helmets.  I mean talk about
having a near sighted view on safety!

 You might want to look at some stats on bike accidents with, and without
helmets.

 You seem to be a rather serious mood this morning. And if you think my
"stance" on bike helmets is "near sighted" you should hear my stance on seat
belts!

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <awoelflebater@...> wrote:

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <steve.sundur@...> wrote:

 Ann, glad that you can speak so expertly on behalf of (seemingly) all gay
couples.  That's certainly a relief.

 I didn't mean to imply that I don't understand the need for helmets with bull
riding, just that it takes away from the macho image of it to some extent.

 Oh, I still think seeing some idiot who decides to strap themselves on top of
an animal weighing close to a ton and not happy about it is pretty macho,
albeit it ill-informed. A tiny little thing like a crash helmet and safety vest
hardly spoil the image for me - they're still macho and idiotic (or is that
redundant?).

 I assume you are being factitious about bike helmets.

 No. I have a really rebellious streak about having to wear them, which we do
here up in British Columbia. You get fined and ticketed if you're not wearing a
bike helmet. I think it's stupid. Soon, you'll have to wear a safety vest to
walk down the sidewalk or get thrown in jail for unnecessarily endangering
yourself. I don't like to be dictated to when it comes to my own safety.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <awoelflebater@...> wrote:

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <steve.sundur@...> wrote:

 Definitely moving in that direction. (-:

 Although, and not related, I do support MLB's decision to try to reduce those
hard collisions at home plate.

 But, I will say, I can't quite get used to helmets for bull riding.  Helmets
for hockey?  Okay, although I well remember they game being played without
them.

 How about those safety vests for bull riding that they all now wear? Frankly,
I think bull riders should be donning Michelin Man suits. Concussions are a big
deal now and virtually everyone wears a helmet for most sports and so they
should. Damaging your brain in the service of entertainment is hardly worth it.
One thing I do have a problem with, however, is having to wear a bike helmet. I
think of all the miles and hours I was atop a bike as a youngster and I never
once fell on my head, as hard as that might be to believe.

 And okay, thrown out for discussion.  I would guess that many gay couples may
be uncomfortable with the fact that they can now marry in many places.

 I think you are guessing dead wrong.

   I am particularly thinking of my sister who has lived with her S.O. for many
years.  I have never discussed it with her, but I am not sure they would want
to get married.

 Phew, you have never discussed this with your sister?

  But I wonder if it becomes a awkward decision for some gay couples, who might
have wanted to stay just beneath the radar, and now a question might arise,
"well why don't you now get married"

 No, no. Silly notion.

 And yes, I admit, the whole notion of people of the same sex getting married
does strike me as a little odd. But I have no objections.

 Well, that's a relief.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <mdixon.6569@...> wrote:

 Probably would do a smash-up Super Bowl half time show.