Sez Xeno, expertly demonstrating the pattern of those who find me threatening
(and who found Robin threatening).

 This does seem to be her pattern. As for the mechanics of consciousness, I am
not sure there are any. The mechanics are what you do to attempt to find out
about consciousness, and if they work out, then you come to a certain
realisation about it, and that is that. I have found just about everyone on
this forum has been at one time or another been helpful for understanding the
spiritual rap except Judy and Robin. Judy is sometimes helpful as a fact
checker, but I think she often misuses that information to continue
argumentation.