The MUM/TMO administration obviously feels that it has the basic right to
"discipline" human beings who work for the princely sum of $50 per month (with
*maybe* another $150 going to their families) to force them to practice TM and
do what they're told. They even issued a press release saying that more such
"discipline" is planned.

 Well, they get room and board as well, and their contract, as far as I know,
is to come to the USA and meditate and perform chants/rituals in exchange for
room, board, and $200/month.

 If they're not keeping to the contract, the TM organization is under no
obligation to keep them around and pay them.

 Or do you honestly believe that they should be kept here in the USA  even
though they aren't fulfilling the terms of their contract?

 If you DO honestly think that they should be paid to sit around and do nothing
at all, when there are likely plenty of people back in India willing to come
take their place, I'm quite interested in hearing your reasoning...

 Lawson