There may be, shall we say, mixed motivations--i.e., other than
compassion--involved in the ascribing of blame by the TM critics on FFL. In the
past, when the TMO has come significantly a-cropper, there have been veritable
explosions of glee here from the critics, just as in this instance.

 I think it may be naive to attribute that glee to compassion. Such an
attribution, in fact, looks a lot like pandering. Nobody wants the pandits to
suffer; that's a given and really doesn't merit special acclaim.

 ...But can we really know the motivations of all concerned? The parents, the
TMO, the pundits themselves? And what about our own motivations as we ascribe
blame without having all the facts?

Can we ever know all the facts? Is there such a thing as facts anyway?

I feel in this post of yours a lot of compassion. For that I thank you.