Can't do much about those who wish to remain ignorant.

On 03/25/2014 09:54 AM, Michael Jackson wrote:

you are as full of shit as a Christmas goose to say that Hinduism is a philosophy - there are about a billion Hindus who disagree with you.
On Tue, 3/25/14, Bhairitu <noozg...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: No Mantra will cure willfully arrogant stupidity
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 4:06 PM

So did you get
a "buzz" from the puja?
You should and that's probably why you liked it.
The "buzz" would
be the increase of "shakti" which is
something not well understood
by western science.

Another thing we need to remember is that just the
word "Hindu"
was a form of ignorance created by invaders of the
Indus Valley
who could not pronounce a word starting with
"I" so they put an
"H" in front.  Sort of of a joke.

And "Hinduism" just like MMY said, is indeed
a philosophy just
like Buddhism and not a religion.  The
"invaders" also thought the
practices constituted a "religion."  And
truly there are some
Indians who practice it "religiously." :-D

On 03/25/2014 08:07 AM, salyavin808 wrote:

No Mantra will cure willfully arrogant
stupidity? Hmmm, seems like that's the
sort of thing meditation was designed
for. Is it too
late for a
refund?

don't know why
you people get so upset at a few
inconvenient facts. I'm
an athiest and I loved the puja, all that
bowing and
singing and incense, just like some sort of
religious
thing but not a religious thing because it
was all in
foreign and quite enjoyable anyway, so why
would it
matter? Unless you are some sort of
religious person who
has what they are allowed to do proscribed
by someone
else, but who would admit to that? As the TM
teacher
said: if you like ceremonies it's a nice
one. If you
don't, it's a short one. And
besides, I wanted to get my
hands on the enlightenment and the
supernatural powers
the book promised, so I would have sat
through a hymn
service at the local church.
Almost.

Anyhoo's, I don't
remember any god doing anything for me
lately so I
conclude that the origin of mantras is
irrelevant, and
also about as irrelevant as other TMO
teachings I had
plowed into me like the "fact"
that most of classical
Indian literature happens to be present in
my body in
some, unspecified, way. Which seems to me
about as
religious a statement as you could
possibly
make.

Coincidentally, you
can cure people of any health problem at all
by chanting
the relevant section of something called the
ved at the
unwell part of the body in another
undoubtably secular
(and not cheap) ceremony in order to redress
the
balance. According to the latest
"discoveries" of
Maharaja Raja Raam (Tony to his friends) the
reason we
get ill in the first place is because the
battles of the
Ramayana are being fought out in our bodies.
Astounding.
Order me an obviously secular yagya
immediately!

But
mantras I don't
care about. I mean, obviously they
come from
some hindu or pre-hindu teaching, all this
stuff does
and all this stuff is ancient. The question
is, why
would that be a surprise to
anybody?

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,