 Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] The Self Course Fairfield
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Date: Tuesday, April 1, 2014, 2:20 PM

 Michael,
 you've given me a laugh this morning.
 mean, really, you are employing third grade logic here,
 "If you like TM and TMO so much, why don't you work
 for 'em"
 Let
 me recall some phrases from my kids, when they were
 younger.
 "If you like Oreos so much, why don't you
 marry them"
 "If you like that bike so much, why don't
 you marry it"
 I'll try to reply more like an
 adult.
 graduated from MUM, and began a different phase of my life.
  My practice of meditation and the TMSP continued after
 I got married, and until our first son was born.  Then
 responsibilities of parenting took
 over.
 It
 may be that after the kids are grown, I may be able to get
 back to my practice in a more regular
 fashion.
 know it is difficult for you decipher anything other than
 black and white wr to the TM program, but that is the way
 it's worked out for me, and many others.
  Now, unfortunately, it may be useless to engage like
 this, since, you will revert to your familiar rut,apparently
 because of unresolved issues wr to TM, but putting it out
 there anyway.

<mjackson74@...>
 wrote :

 By talking to the
 people for whom it has happened, which in fact I have
 already done. I did not say that "long term mediators
 are far more likely to commit suicide" those are your
 words.

 If you like TM and the TMO so much Steve, why don't you
 go work for 'em? If you as real nice and give 'em a
 whole bunch of money I am sure they'll assign Reed
 Martin to be your personal supervisor and he can make sure
 you adhere to all the rules and live a real shore nuff TM
 life. I am sure it would be Sat Chit Ananda.

 On Tue, 4/1/14, steve.sundur@...
 <steve.sundur@...>

 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com

 Date: Tuesday, April 1, 2014,

 You know

 Michael, for someone who denigrates any scientific research

 performed by the TMO, you sure have a way of trying to make

 a case on a weak set of data. Well, let's be honest.

  No data.

 mean, on the one hand, you state that most people who
 start,

 stop soon afterward, and yet you say that the practice of
 TM

 can often be responsible for people committing suicide. Do

 have that right?

 Are

 you saying the long term mediators are far more likely to

 commit suicide and have emotional problems due to their

 practice of TM, and participation in the

 TMO?

 wonder how you'd go about backing that up?

 <mjackson74@...>

 wrote :

 tell that to all

 the long term meditators who have tried to commit suicide -

 tell that to the family members of those long term

 TM'ers who did commit suicide, tell that to the people

 whose lives have been ruined by their adherence to TM and

 messing around with the TMO - people who are

 mental/emotional basket cases from years of TM. They do

 exist. They are out there and I am willing to bet you know

 some of them. It is true that TM doesn't hurt some

 people, but to say that it is good for most is a flat out

 lie.

 The numbers have always been jimmied by the TMO and True

 Believers. Most people who are initiated stop doing TM soon

 after.

 On Tue, 4/1/14, Share Long <sharelong60@...>

 wrote:

 To: "FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com";

 <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>

 Date: Tuesday, April 1, 2014, 1:24 AM

 Steve, I

 really appreciate how common sensical (is that a valid

 phrase?) you are in what you say here. Especially the bit

 about why the TMO changed its approach. And of course, the

 directly relevant part about twenty minutes meditating

 being

 good for most people.

 On Monday, March 31,

 2014 7:08 PM, "steve.sundur@..."

 <steve.sundur@...>

 <steve.sundur@...> wrote :

 Oh that's good Michael.

  At least a new name from the one I am usually called.

  Or actually, you are comparing me to something,

 rather than

 declaring I am such and such.

 At any rate, regarding this new approach, so what

 if they are - distancing themselves from the Hindu roots?

 Maybe they feel that has been off-putting for many people,

 and better to downplay it.

 But as has been pointed out, that is nothing

 different than has been done from the beginning.

  Maharishi started with a spiritual approach, and then

 shifted to a more scientific approach, because it would

 appeal to more people.

 You want to get people though the door.  You

 want to get them to the introductory lecture.  You

 want

 to outline the benefits.

 I happen to be able to observe some this new

 approach up close, and it seems to be having some results.

 That and a lower fee for learning.

 You are more comfortable making blanket (mostly

 all negative) statements about the TMO and Maharishi. But

  like many endeavors, you can choose to participate to

 whatever degree you like.  Meditating for twenty

 minutes twice a day, would, I think, be a healthy activity

 for most people.

 ---In

 FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,

 <mjackson74@...> wrote

 :

 Come

 on Steve, be real - you know damn good and well they are

 distancing themselves from the Hindu roots and from

 Maharishi himself - if you can't see how disingenuous

 that is then you are a truly sheared TM sheep.

 On Mon, 3/31/14,

 steve.sundur@...

 <steve.sundur@...>

 wrote:

 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com

 Date: Monday, March 31, 2014, 2:55 PM

 You''ve always got it figured out Michael.

  Doesn't matter how many twists and turns you

 have

 to make, the conclusion is always the same.  So what

 if

 the TMO has adjusted their message, or their pitch?

  That's what organizations do.  Maybe the

 problem you're having is that they seem to be having

 some success.  Let's face it, that's wall

 galls

 you.  And really, I don't think you're

 ashamed

 to admit it.

 <mjackson74@...>

 wrote :

 You are both

 full of it - the TMO is attempting to tap into a new tier

 of

 customers and they are doing it in part to distance

 themselves from the Old Goat because they know he has

 become

 a liability. I know what you are saying, as to M's

 references to the Self, but they have never done an ad

 campaign like this - everything they do is a calculated

 move

 to gain adherents, money and like the idiots they are,

 create a "vedic" society.

 On Mon, 3/31/14, steve.sundur@...

 <steve.sundur@...>

 wrote:

 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com

 Date: Monday, March 31, 2014, 12:19 PM

 Now that was

 a "good catch" Judy.

 <authfriend@...>

 wrote :

 Er, Michael,

 more likely the New Age got "It's all the

 Self" from TM. The Self has always been a TM thing.

 It's what you're said to experience when you

 transcend, remember? Boy, you are really out in

 left field here.

 <mjackson74@...>

 wrote :

 Oh

 my God! Its happening - pulling away from its Hindu and

 then

 "it's all science" roots and tapping into

 the

 vague New Age ""it's all the Self"

 hoodoo! These TM'ers are SHAMELESS in selling the

 nostrums.

 On Mon, 3/31/14,

 nablusoss1008 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com mailto:no_re...@yahoogroups.com>

 wrote: