 Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: TM and the Scorpion Nation
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Date: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 4:28 PM

       Seems I recall now the scorpion nation
 precipitation happened as it became evident and was pointed
 out to
 Maharishi who was then holed up in his location with his
 cultivated
 groups of upper income followers that some Danish and
 UK'er TM
 teachers were out in the field teaching TM to common people
 for less
 than the set retail prices then.  When these independent
 rogues then
 banded together that was seen as really going too far rogue
 and some really
 serious treachery too.   Maharishi came down on that like a
 ton of
 bricks.  Damned scorpions.
 It
 obviously was the oxytocin.  UK'ers and the
 Danish people must more naturally suffer from either tooo
 high or too
 low blood levels of oxytocin in a way that other movement
 meditators
 and TM teachers would not.  That proly explains a lot of
 this
 behavior.  Disruptive oxytocin levels is proly in their
 cultural lack
 of sunlight they naturally suffer or some lack in their
 diet, the
 water they drink or the air they breath.  It is a sad
 condition.
 Maybe. But you've gotta admit that those Danes are
 "Green" and in accord with the Laws Of Nature:

 Copenhagen
 Zoo Kills Four Healthy Staff Members To Make Space for New
 Employees

 In terms of our own natural
 history and
 sciences, very fortunately we don't got scorpions by
 nature in Iowa.
 Just the ones that get imported here.  And, they don't
 thrive here at all in our climate,-Buck
  salyavin808
 writes:Scorpion Nation?
 Ah, that takes me back. 2005 it was, the TMO in the UK had
 always been strong, and generous, we had three large
 academies, a purpose built town and a network of lively
 centres. Marshy's favourite group of devotees, always
 willing to cough up for yagyas and any other project that
 came along. Quite the role
 model for a perfect society you'd
 think.
 I was
 living in a TM centre at the time, not as a devotee, I just
 needed somewhere to live. They had closed all the academies
 to pay for the pundit project and encourage us to build
 vastu ones. Even the
 one I lived in which was pretty annoying but there you are.
 But I wasn't a believer at that point, not by a long
 stretch. I'd seen enough fraud and flakery and was there
 strictly as a "take what you need and leave the
 rest" type. And even that was wearing thin, I was
 having to avoid all broadcasts on the Marshy channel because
 they made my skin crawl, except for the weekly press
 conference. Wish I'd taped some of that, that would be
 youtube gold. Especially the one where Marshy said that the
 reason the US hadn't caught Bin Laden was because of our
 coherence creating and laughed! A surreal and disturbing
 moment and Hagelin tried to deny he'd meant that but the
 journalist wasn't convinced, me
 neither.
 Anyway,
 after the Iraq invasion Marshy decided that was the last
 straw and called the office at Skem to tell the assembled
 governors that he was closing the movement in the UK as our
 national consciousness was too poisonous to deserve what he
 was offering. Amid
 all the wailing, tears and protests Marshy asked if there
 was any good reason why he shouldn't. Wish I'd been
 there to answer that, first there is the obvious illogic of
 the "feeding nectar to the scorpion" if the ME
 worked then we need more TM not less. If it doesn't work
 we might as well carry
 on regardless. The idea that there is a critical mass
 whereby the ME is bad until the threshold is passed and then
 it becomes good is another layer of madness on top of all
 the others. It did him no favours.
 Then there's the political argument. No
 one liked Tony Blair, he just wasn't as
 bad as the opposition. That's how democracy works,
 it's a crap system of government but better than the
 alternative. Nobody prioritised war when they voted as every
 party was in favour anyway. Most of the western world went
 along with the idea that it would be quick and painless and
 we'd be rid of a vile
 dictator and be able to control the oil supply much
 easier.
 I don't know what the real reason was, maybe
 Marshy actually believed his delusions about the world,
 maybe he felt he had to act like it was all real regardless
 of whether it made sense or not. Maybe he was just nuts at
 that point, but he'd done it before with Denmark (?) for
 something to do with the national leader saying the wrong
 thing, can't remember what happened but it was well
 trivial. The whole concept is petty and spiteful and really
 upset a lot of friends of mine who sincerely believe all
 this stuff. It seemed like a sort of megalomania
 but he gave everyone the idea he was doing it for their own
 good. Narcissism? Paranoia? They say he tripled the price
 because a group of teachers from the UK asked him to lower
 it.

 Anyway, I
 laughed when I heard about Scorpion land. It was the icing
 on the cake really. I went off Marshy very early on, I
 didn't believe a word of the vedic "science" I
 thought Tony Nader and John Hagelin were either insane or
 lying. I couldn't watch 10 minutes of the channel
 without shuddering in terror. Then I heard about the Kaplan
 letter and joined FFL so I could read it in the files
 section. And then I thought I'd make just one
 post....
 mjackson74
 asks:
 Sal, having been highly
 entertained by some references you have made regarding the
 "scorpion nation" deal, I wanted to ask if you
 remember where you were and what your reaction was upon
 hearing of the [Maharishiji's] condemnation of your
 country? Just
 curious.