> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "markmeredith2002"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > Dunno. You find research on other meditation techniques of people
> > > reporting 24/7 witnessing for years at a time, or breath
> > > suspension associated with reports of samadhi.
> >
> > Your "research" is done by TBs within the org. and published by its
> > own journals
>
> Er, no, it's mostly published in independent journals,
> many of them peer-reviewed.

I was referring specifically to research on witnessing and breath
suspension which I doubt was published in a peer reviewed journal.

In terms of tm research in general in the past 20 yrs, I estimated a
couple yrs ago that about 95% was done by TMO insiders and about 80%
published in TMO publications or just delivered as an address at some
conference, which the TMO incorrectly refers to as published.   I
could not find any replication references to any of the studies.  This
estimation was done based on a quick look at a TMO website with a long
list of studies.

I'm not saying that some of the findings, esp physiological, aren't
real, but I think someone is very naive to not discount inside tmo
research due to the heavy marketing influence.  I've heard from ex mum
professors and ex grad students of the heavy pressure put on mum
researchers to come up with positive results - basically to do the
study over and over and keep changing the statistical analysis until
you get what the university wants to hear.  This is esp true with the
maharishi effect work.