On 4/16/2014 9:56 AM, Share Long wrote:
> Richard, Wilbur's book was published 21 years ago. I think
> neuroscience has added greatly to our understanding of consciousness
> since then.

Maybe so, Share  I mentioned Wilber because in his books there is an
affinity with the POV of some TMers, which is much more interesting than
the authors cited in this thread. Wilber ascribes to the 'two truths
doctrine' of Nagarjuna. For Wilber no metaphysical doctrine or apparent
reality is true in an absolute sense: only formless awareness, "the
simple feeling of being," exists absolutely.

Work cited:

'A Brief History of Everything'
By Ken Wilber
Shambhala, 2007