> On Oct 27, 2005, at 5:28 AM, Irmeli Mattsson wrote:
>
> > Can anyone with a human body be really like that?
>
> Of course. For some people spirituality is a refined form of
> narcissism. That's why it's always important to know your deepest
> intent--and to "check" that intent--when undergoing practice.
> Different people have different intents for practice. Some may
desire
> material wealth. Some may have been lead to believe a bliss state
in
> some lotus-land is what they need. Yet others may generate the
idea
> of enlightenment for everyone.
>
> These beings in the City of the Pyramids are no longer in
physical
> bodies. Most were too interested in bliss or siddhis. And thus
the
> danger of incorrect View.

These 'pyramid people' present an interesting challenge to our
attachments and boundaries. If we look within ourselves,
particularly in waking state, who of us would not want to cease
struggling, cease dealing with problems, and live in deep complete
bliss fulfillment? It is a paradox- if we are OK with our daily
problems and struggles, then we cannot be said to be suffering. On
the other hand, if we wish to be free of them, what is wrong with an
eternity in bliss?

And this is not a partial bliss, it is the satisfaction of every
deepest desire we have known, beyond the emotions of feeling really,
really good, beyond any transient desire we can imagine. What is
wrong with that? Is it again a case for us of not wanting to be here
now, yet not wanting to have our problems solved either?