--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rory Goff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > These 'pyramid people' present an interesting challenge to our
> > attachments and boundaries. If we look within ourselves,
> > particularly in waking state, who of us would not want to cease
> > struggling, cease dealing with problems, and live in deep
complete
> > bliss fulfillment? It is a paradox- if we are OK with our daily
> > problems and struggles, then we cannot be said to be suffering.
On
> > the other hand, if we wish to be free of them, what is wrong
with
> an
> > eternity in bliss?
> >
> > And this is not a partial bliss, it is the satisfaction of every
> > deepest desire we have known, beyond the emotions of feeling
> really,
> > really good, beyond any transient desire we can imagine. What is
> > wrong with that? Is it again a case for us of not wanting to be
> here
> > now, yet not wanting to have our problems solved either?
>

> It would *appear* the "Pyramid People" represent a crystallized
> understanding that is less than full or whole, as their sense of
> self seems not to encompass the awareness of self-as-everyone, or
> everyone-in-self -- so that they are not availing themselves of
the
> dynamic joy of growing with "others" as ever more ignorance is
> dissolved into one's bliss. In other words, by artificially
> or "prematurely" limiting their sense of self, they are actually
> depriving themselves of deeper and deeper understandings and
> identifications with other aspects of "god" and "human" and what
it
> means to be both of these simultaneously ... of course, this whole
> thing is but another "story"... :-)

Yes, my take on this also. However, I believe the clue in all of
this to be Vaj's statement that the 'pyramid people' are seen when
one *begins* to transcend duality. And that some would seek
enlightenment as a further narcissistic tendency. This seems to me
to be antithetical, even impossible, with regard to progress towards
enlightenment, and full permutation of bliss consciousness.

I don't understand how, on the one hand, we can grow significantly
towards a pure nervous system and at the same time maintain the
sense of self as isolated. The sense of self as isolated is at odds
with a pure nervous system. It all seems very ignorant, almost sub-
human. Or sub-Godhead anyway, which is really the same thing...