Did you know Einstein had affairs constantly? Does that invalidate your knowledge of his Theory of Relativity? I think you wanted Maharishi to be some sort of god-like, parental and paternal, authority figure. Then when he turns out to have a personality all his own, all you spiritual kiddies go to pieces, making it your apparent life's work to get back at "Dad". Pretty pathetic, if you ask me.