On 8/6/2014 7:20 AM, TurquoiseBee turquoi...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

What!? I think you are supposed to copy and paste something into the reply text box BEFORE you press Send, Barry. Go figure.

*From:* salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>

Buck's off his anti-cult-mentality meds again.

For most people on the planet, the issue is not "proving" that a bunch of people bouncing on their butts can lower crime, affect the weather, and create world peace, but the fact that some people are so out of it that they actually believed it could in the first place. That degree of gullibility is what needs to be researched, not the "ME."

I wonder if hardcore TM is the religion with the smallest set of believers on Earth?

I would suggest that TM is more like "the religion that claims it's not a religion with the smallest set of believers on Earth." :-)

How many really believe that a field effect in consciousness can lower crime etc, even with no evidence? Must be in the few thousands at most. Hell, I know a TM governor in the UK who doesn't believe it.

Who would *admit* to believing it, outside of a closed TM-only environment? The "TM governor" you speak of might claim to believe it while talking with other members of the religion/cult, just so as to not make waves, but be honest about not believing it when talking to more rational people such as yourself.

I was discussing John Hagelin with a physicist I know the other day, I explained about how he thinks prayers can prevent Earthquakes and tea leaves can predict the future and that it's all to do with quantum super-position. My friend wondered why he hasn't been detained under the mental health act.

Many of us have wondered this.  :-)

In case Buck starts crying about me being anti-science here, I would say that it's JH who is abusing the known principles of science and particularly those that he got his PHD in, and that this is just the sort of drivel that keeps people from taking the ME seriously. Not that it's any magnitude of sanity higher than yagya's of course...

Exactly. In a way, this is a parallel to current discussions of the Israeli-Gaza conflict. Criticize the policies and the actions of the State Of Israel and the Zionist cultists go crazy and start claiming that anyone doing so is an "anti-semite" and advocating the destruction of Judaism. On the other hand, the rabbi whose essay I posted the other day nailed what's really happening -- the current State Of Israel is what is destroying Judaism. By setting themselves and their greed and bloodlust up as "what Jews are all about," they are making it difficult even for *other Jews* to agree with them. Similarly, by abusing science and pretending that his cult nonsense constitutes science, John Hagelin is doing more to destroy TM and be "anti-science" than anyone else.

...but it is easily testable. So go to it! Again...

That's the bottom line that no one here is really responding to. The TM organization has *more than enough* money to gather as large a group of butt-bouncers as they think are necessary to create measurable effects. They've had the money to do this for decades. But they don't do it. Looks to me as if none of *them* really believe in the "ME" either.