On 08/06/2014 09:25 AM, salyavin808 wrote:

But that wasn't my point with SallyAnn (which is what Thunderbird wants to rename him). It was to point out that he lacks the proper credentials or scientific depth to discuss the issue properly. He doesn't appear to know even basic astronomy.

LOL. You've ignored most of what I've said anyway, but do you really think there is an issue to discuss? Read it all again, all I want to say is that your horoscope looks a bit silly if you put everything where it's supposed to be instead of where the software thinks it is. Obviously you don't think about it like that, the picture the ancients had was sweet but so inaccurate that they'd fall over backwards if they saw what reality was really like. How can it be taken seriously if you aren't taking in the extra distances due to orbits going behind the sun for instance? The only force known to be infinite in extent is gravity and it can't be that, it couldn't be that even if the Earth was the centre of the universe. It's all rubbish. It's so obvious to me it hurts. What other credentials do I need dear Bhairitu?

The only thing we seem to be left with is some other force that ties us in with the movements of planets against an arbitrary background but is rubbish at making predictions even though it's all supposed to be running like clockwork. Would I believe it if I was born two hours later?

What I think we have here is a division between though who fear the idea that our lives are predestined and those who celebrate it. If astrology seems to give some clue about destiny fine. Science may also discover the patterns which rule our lives and indeed there are scientists trying to do so. Unfortunately there are a lot of people who hide behind the shield of science who know little about science.

Science has dismissed astrology many times. These patterns that rule our lives should make it easy to make testable predictions but they don't seem to work. Far from hiding behind a shield I'm actually thinking of ways to show it does work, by having a chart done for instance and then thinking about it. Trouble is, one of the main predictions was wrong. So how can any of the others be right if they don't take into account the effect that a life changing event would have had. Be being extra vague? That doesn't sound like my life is being ruled by patterns that science has yet to understand.

Do you get it yet?

I get that you can't rationally discuss the subject. Your replies are emotionally biased and loaded with ignorance both of astrology and science. And BTW there are practitioners of heliocentric astrology. Maybe you ought to test it out.

What *I get* is that from the horoscopes for people I have done the predictions played out. Put that in your chillum and smoke it.