On 08/05/2014 01:04 PM, salyavin808 wrote:

On 08/05/2014 11:55 AM, salyavin808 wrote:

    ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
    <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>, <noozguru@...>
    <mailto:noozguru@...> wrote :

    On 08/05/2014 09:47 AM, salyavin808 wrote:

        ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
        <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>, <noozguru@...>
        <mailto:noozguru@...> wrote :

        On 08/04/2014 11:23 PM, salyavin808 wrote:

        No it's YOU who doesn't get it. Certainly the sun is the
        center of our *solar system *not the *galaxy. *

        But horoscopes use other stars in the galaxy that are assumed
        (wrongly) to rotate around us too. They call them constellations.

    They do visually. It's called the ecliptic. Geez, this is basic
    grade school science class astronomy.

    Don't get too clever, it isn't me claiming that having Mars in
    front of a particular constellations mean I'm going to be musical
    or sporty or whatever bollocks school of astrology you belong to
    claims. I'm just pointing out that the way a chart is drawn is
    wrong as far as the reality of the galaxy is concerned.

No it isn't. If you ever get a clear sky at night and Mars is available for viewing notice what constellation it is in front of. If it the chart is wrong then it must be tropical which doesn't take into account the precession of the equinox. Again you may be confused between tropical and sidereal astrology. Jyotish is the latter.

    To answer your - also inaccurate - point below, the people who
    invented astrology DID think the Earth was the centre of the
    universe and everything went round it. They had no idea it was
    otherwise.

Yes, it is based of visual observation. Likewise the astronomy which was developed for astrology first was then later used for ship navigation which also depended on visual observations. Worked didn't it?