Re Fulfillment of all desires could be just that - lack of desire.:
 That's my understanding. There's a school of thought that says that when we
desire some satisfaction our equilibrium is disturbed which we experience as
suffering. When we satisfy the desire we feel good and naturally assume it is
the pleasure we've just experienced that is making us content. But could it be
that we're getting rid of the irritant that disturbed us and are simply
re-establishing our natural balance and so are just happy being ourselves which
is fulfilling in itself.

 New desires almost immediately spring up and we're off again. Buddha seems to
be suggesting that cutting off the flow of tempting images which constantly
enter our minds to entice us could be the solution.

 Dostoevsky, he say, "The trouble with man is that he's happy but doesn't know
it."